About Kuvuk Siberian Husky Kennels
Many of our dogs have earned their
Canadian Champion and/or American Champion Awards.
Our puppies have also won high standards in their classes at shows.
We are proud of our dogs at Kuvuk Siberian Breeding Kennels because they are all breed for structure, health and temperament.
“Our dogs are a delight to be with.” said Margie Leopold the owner of Kuvuk Siberian and the dogs breeder, trainer and handler.
Siberian huskies are a working breed. Their physical structure, sturdy build, musculature are all important. Without excellent physical structure they would not be able to run long distances pulling a sled.
There are few well-known health issues in the Siberian breed. Veterinary professionals examine all our dogs at specific ages and again before breeding to determine that they are free of any of those inheritances and negative features. We certify that our dogs meet or exceed the breed standard for health issues.
- Eyes: All our breeding dogs have their first eye exam by the age of one by a canine ophthalmologist and again before they are used for breeding. They are inspected for a number of eye conditions, especially cataracts. If they have the defect we do not breed them neutered or spay to prevent inheritance of that trait.
- Hip Dysplasia: At the age of two they are tested for hip dysplasia and must pass OFA before used for breeding.
- Course Fur Coat: Siberian huskies should have a healthy coarse coat, so they can withstand cold temperatures when running.
- Temperament: Our dogs have an excellent temperament. This is very important to us if our dogs are to be shown at dog shows or going to be a pet at someone’s home. They need to be able to handle many different situations that involve the dogs staying calm, alert and confident even in large crowds and with many people handling them. Siberian huskies are a happy dog and they love to be with their owners. They also require lots of exercise and an organized life.
- Diet: Eating a healthy diet is very important for our dogs breeding health, development, coat density and for the longevity of their life. Our dogs are fed diets of specialty, quality food.